A jury decides that Kevin Spacey didn't molest actor Anthony Rapp in 1986

By Sakshi

 Oct 21,2022

NEW YORK -- A jury decided in favor of Kevin Spacey on Thursday in one of the lawsuits that ruined his film career in determining that 

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

he didn't sexually assault Anthony Rapp, then 14 at the time, despite both being fairly unknown actors in Broadway productions in the 1980s.

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

In the trial, Rapp's verdict was delivered at a speedy pace. 

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

The jury in the Federal Court situated in New York deliberated for just over an hour before concluding that Rapp did not prove his allegations.

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

As that verdict had been read out, Spacey fell to the floor, then embraced his lawyers. Spacey didn't talk to reporters when he left the courthouse.

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

In the courtroom, Rapp testified that Spacey had been invited to Spacey's house to host a party, and then was seen approaching him in his bedroom after other guests had left.

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

He claimed that the actor, who was 26 at the time, took him aside and briefly lay on top of him on the mattress.

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

Rapp said the defendant wriggled off and fled when he was drunk. Spacey asked him if the man was certain he wanted to go.

Image Source and Credit  : Google 

Spacey's testimony was sometimes tearful. Spacey said to the jury that it never happened and he never would have been attracted by anyone who was only 14 years old.

Image Source and Credit  : Google